Thursday, April 1, 2010

This has Something to do with Midriff Bulge

Birthdays are milestones or at least markers of life-changing events. I got married when I was 24. I had my first child when I was 26. I had my sixth child when I was 45. My parents died when I was 55. I had my first book published when I was 57. You get the drift.

So, I marked my 58th birthday with a milestone act.

On Tuesday, March 30th (a lovely day for a walk) Allison and I went for a walk. Often we head in the general direction of the mountain brow here in Hamilton, then sprint down the 286 steps and climb back up again with some huffing and puffing on my part. Then we walk the two kilometres back home.


On the occasion of my 58th birthday I not only sprinted down the 286 steps and huffed up the 286 steps, for the first time in my life I did this twice. My heart is beating faster just remembering the event.

Today my thighs hurt.


Possibly tomorrow I’ll do it again.

No comments: