Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blinded by the Bomb - Part III

(continued from previous post)

"Well, there's the sink. You can splash water in your eye." She left, quietly closing the door behind her.


I walked over to the sink, eye still stinging and burning and watering. I turned on the tap and splashed water with both hands up into both eyes."

Now my face was dripping wet and both eyes were stinging and burning and closed.

There wasn't a towel. I tried to wipe my face with my paper gown which disintegrated wherever I touched it, except the plastic ribbon which was impossible to undo and took all the strength of this blind Samson to break.

After wrestling out of my disintegrating paper bag and plastic ribbon, and through squinted burning stinging watering eyes, I dressed. By the time I had everything back on, the stinging had stopped and my eyes opened. I could drive home by myself after all.

Moral of the story: Don't blindly follow your doctor's orders.

No comments: