Friday, September 24, 2010

Blinded by the Bomb

"Be very careful about what you touch," warned Amy when I asked her about the cherry bomb peppers she had brought me along with the bushel of tomatoes, green peppers, and onions for my winter supply of tomato sauce. "Those pepper give off a powerful oil."

I planned to cook up and freeze my sauce that Monday between loads of laundry and my annual physical at the doctor's.

The annual physical was most important, as I hadn't had one for about ten years. I don't know why it's called 'annual.'

So, at 10 o'clock, I stopped cutting up tomatoes and peppers, put the sauce on simmer, and quickly washed my hands before driving over to the doctor's office.

A nurse led me to an examination room, weighed me, took my blood pressure, and told me to take everything off to put on the gown.

"Which gown?" I asked looking around.

"That gown," she pointed to a piece of paper on the examining table.

She left.

(continued)

No comments: