Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It’s About Attitude

I spend a lot of my time doing laundry, driving my children around, cleaning the house, cooking meals, reading novels, sporadically blogging, playing Scrabble, pondering the characters in the novel I’m writing, answering the door and the phone, taking messages and shopping for food for the five people who live here.

‘Was I created for this?’ I asked my Lord—that great big God I serve who made everything, who knows everyone, who loves all and can heal anything.

He brought  Micah 6:8 to my attention. Micah 6:8 is that verse every Calvinette Girl’s Club attendee had to memorize and repeat at every weekly meeting from September to April every year.

And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8 Amplified)

It’s all about attitude.

1 comment:

Ellie/Gerard said...

I needed to hear that. Thanks for sharing it today. And yes, I remember reciting that at Calvinettes every week too.