Friday, November 12, 2010

Where is My Head?

I started preparing supper later than usual because I spent more time than I planned writing.

That’s why I had to cook and stir the pudding while I was cutting the meat and vegetables for the pepper steak.

That’s why I burned the pudding. 

I forgot to take my homemade tomato sauce out of the freezer until I needed it for the recipe. That’s why my pepper steak took longer to cook than usual. I also forgot to cook the noodles until everything else was ready.

That’s why we didn’t sit down to eat until 6:30, an hour later than usual.

“I don’t know where my head is,” I remarked to my husband as I wrestled myself into the present.

“Your heart isn’t in your cooking,” he observed. He doesn’t like eating later than usual.

The truth is my head and my heart were both in writer’s world.

No comments: