Wednesday, May 20, 2009

10 Things Steeltown Toastmasters has Done for Me

Now that our season is winding down, it's time to review what Toastmasters International and specifically The Steeltown Club has done for me this first year as a member. Thanks to Toastmasters:

1) I've made new friends whose company I thoroughly enjoy.

2) I've gained confidence speaking to an audience.

3) I've acquired skill at impromptu speeches.

4) I've learned how to evaluate others' speeches.

5) I've become a better listener.

6) I've learned how to best organize a speech.

7) I've learned how to use gestures, facial expression, and eye contact.

8) I've experimented with vocal variety.

9) I'm becoming comfortable with visual aids.

10) I've practised using speeches to inspire and to persuade.

I am definitely signing up for a second year.

No comments: