Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Would YOU Buy a Book By This Woman?



According to those who know, a writer must be able to promote her own book. Nobody has time to read even 1/10,000th of the books available. Bookstores don't have room to present all the published works. Thus potential readers will need help discovering my book.

I must present my work and myself. A good impression is what I'm after. That is why I tried to sign up for an image consultation at The Word Guild's upcoming Writer's Conference. I say 'tried' because there was only room for six consultations and I was the seventh in line.

So, I am going with an alternative. I am posting my picture here and soliciting your honest opinions. Would you buy a book by this woman? At her age? Married to that man?

3 comments:

Laura J. Davis said...

Definitely, because your personality shines through your beautiful smile and your words! I wanted to do the same thing this year at the conference. Honestly, I'm freaking out so much about what I look like that I'm forgetting what really matters - who I am.

I'm looking forward to meeting you face to face Marian!

Marian said...

Hey Laura, thanks for that. I'm looking forward to meeting you as well.

Ellie/Gerard said...

Definitely!!! This Saturday, in fact:)