Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Lack Compassion, False or Otherwise

cat-and-rat1

“When a cat cries over a rat, it's a case of false compassion.”

Chinese Proverb

According to Dictionary.com, compassion is a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.

I have come to the conclusion that I lack compassion, false or otherwise.

I see misfortune and suffering as an opportunity to recognize what God can do in that situation. I don’t often become deeply sympathetic or sorrowful.

The way I see it: God can fix anything. He’s the great healer.

But, God is compassionate.

Jesus had compassion when he walked the earth. He had compassion and healed people. If you study Jesus’ ministry you soon realize compassion seems to be the prerequisite for healing.

I’m praying for His compassion.

No comments: