Monday, October 19, 2009

Don’t Mess With Reta

(continued from previous post)
To navigate me through the various possibilities for new glasses frames, Reta, a friendly, big-hair lady in a classy pantsuit was assigned to my service. She asked me what I liked.

“A designer person told me I should get something with a strong horizontal line across the top,” I replied.

This seemed to upset the hitherto friendly Reta.

“Well!” she said snatching an ugly pair of thick black frames out from the wall of frames. “You should get what you like. Children will tell their mother what they want her to have. She’ll give in, and a week later she’ll bring the glasses back, because she is not happy with something like THIS.” She jiggled the ugly black frames at me.

“Okay,” I nodded and gulped as I quietly decided to exclude mention of my image consultant from all further conversation with Reta.

She picked three sets of frames from various locations on the wall. They each had a similarly strong horizontal line across the top, relatively small lenses and modern design.

I chose the third pair.

Reta clucked approval, “See, together, you and I can choose the perfect set of frames.”

Yes, indeed.

Now for the haircut, can anyone recommend a good stylist?—possibly someone who doesn’t mind my mentioning the image consultant. I did pay $50 for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is always Bette I love when she does my hair. I have never regreted going to her.
Tami

Marian said...

Thanks Tami. I just might give her a call.