Thursday, May 19, 2011

Trusting the Lord for Everything

My friend Phyllis shares this story:
When my car heater wouldn't come on and then the needle on the car temperature gauge climbed up into the red area, I knew I had a problem.

I prayed all the way from Hamilton into Waterdown that Thursday in April. The next day I took my car to the garage. The mechanic said there was probably a leak in the cooling system. He would have time to look at it the following Monday. I decided to find more immediate help. 

Who could I trust with my car? I asked several people for advice, but no one knew of anyone in the area. Then the Lord pointed me to a place nearby. Did I want to take my car there? I realized I had to trust the Lord. I put my car in His hands. I believed since my God was in charge I would not be overcharged and the mechanic would do a good job without any unnecessary changes.

When I went back for the car, the mechanic told me the clips that which are suppose to hold the hose had rusted off and all the coolant had drained out.

When I told him I had driven about 25 kilometres he was very surprised. He said my engine could have burnt out without the coolant.

I thank God for keeping me and my car safe. Praise the Lord, He is watching over His beloved.

No comments: