Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Should I Buy that Golf Bag?

(continued from previous post)

Before breakfast Sunday morning on my way to reunite a fifth squirrel with his four peanut-loving buddies, I spotted a garage sale with several golf bags. I knew someone who needed a golf bag. In fact, I had promised to keep my eyes open for an inexpensive secondhand golf bag.

But, I didn’t have time to stop at a garage sale. I really didn’t have time to do this squirrel thing either, but I didn’t want to leave the squirrel in the trap while our family spent the day at a church picnic.

On the way back from dropping the squirrel off--as I drove by the garage sale once again--I felt a strong urge to stop, but talked myself out of it. It’s part of my religious upbringing not to do business on Sunday. Besides, breakfast was waiting.


setting up for the church service

Later in the day, during the short sermon on relationship versus religion, I decided I would revisit the site of the garage sale to find out if all the golf bags had actually sold. Possibly I could still get one.
(continued)

No comments: