Monday, June 22, 2009

A Blooming Book Launch

I've invited all 93 FaceBook friends to attend my upcoming book launch on Saturday...this Saturday, June 27th, 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Calvin Christian School (547 West 5th Street in Hamilton, Ontario) in the music room. So far I have one confirmed guest--myself. Thirty-three have other plans and the rest are still making up their minds.

I'm also inviting you...whoever you are. It promises to be an entertaining evening. I'm choosing several amusing bits from Blooming, This Pilgrim's Progress to read to you with dramatic flair and great expression. I'll even do requests for those who have already read the book.

And, you can thank my husband for this, I might have overlooked it: I'm also making squares, veggie trays, coffee, tea, punch....

So, feel free to drop by sometime between 7:30 and 9:00. There will be door prizes for the guest who comes from the farthest, the guest with the most creative reason for coming, and the guest who brings the most guests.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah sure do it the week before we are coming down, I would be there but you know how expensive gas is now that 2 trips in 1 week just isn't an option. :(
Tami

Marian said...

Well, I hope to see you when you do come down. Are you coming to church? Will you have time to drop in?

Ellie/Gerard said...

I'd love to come, if all our wedding guests are gone, but don't think we have a vehicle that night. Anyone else coming from the Toronto area?

Marian said...

I think you'll be so pleasantly exhausted after your son's wedding, you won't want to go anywhere the next evening. Have a great time at the wedding!

Ellie/Gerard said...

Yes, we are kind of wiped out after all the excitement. Also don't have access to a car this evening. Too bad, 'cause we would have loved to be at your launch. Hope you had a wonderful evening, and maybe you can read a piece from your book to us at our next visit together.