Monday, March 14, 2011

"Come to Me" - a Book Worth Reading

I've just finished reading the novel, Come to Me.

If you don't already love Jesus, you will after you read this book.

This is an historical novel from the point of view of Mary, the mother of Jesus. I had a difficult time getting into the novel because it is so true to scripture, which means that much of the time as I was reading, my brain would be telling me, "I already know this."

But, the writing style is very pleasant so I kept reading.

I'm glad I did.

If you ever wanted gospel gaps filled logically, this book does that.

The author Laura Davis has wonderful insights:
about Jesus' childhood,
about how Mary felt when she got pregnant,
about Joseph,
about Jesus' relationship with his mother,
about how Judas could do what he did....

Laura has put a supernatural story into the ordinary, making it even more extraordinary.

1 comment:

Laura J. Davis said...

Thank you Marian, you made my day!