1. If not planning to stir the food in the crockpot, sprinkle (don’t toss) the salt in.
2. Only lock your car with the handy dandy button on the door, if you are absolutely sure the key is in your possession.
3. If you use Cutco knives, keep your fingertips away from the sharp edge of the blade.
4. Don’t pick a fight with your husband just before he sets out to shop for your Christmas present.
5. To see your daughter say her parts in the Christmas play you have to get there on time.
6. A homemade gingerbread house is bigger and tastes better than a perfect little kit house.
7. If you don’t water the real cut-down-yourself-so-it-will-be-fresh Christmas tree the needles start falling off.
8. I love Christmastime.
9. If you don’t have a plan you could be home alone with your husband on New Year’s Eve.
10. Being home alone with your husband on New Year’s Eve can be exciting. (We watched Canada win the World Junior Canada/US hockey game and we played a Wii golf game.)