Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Minnie Goes to Heaven (25)

(a novel continued)


“Our Father is waiting for us,” Jesus said. “We could transport directly to His throne, or I could take you in through the city gates.”
“The gates of the heavenly Jerusalem?”
“The very gates....”
“Oh, let’s enter by the gates.”
Within seconds they were standing on the golden road which lead into a round pearl as big as a two-storey house set in a large dazzling jewelled wall. As they approached the pearl, Minnie realized the pearl was open: they could walk right through it. Inside the city she saw mansions galore, each one different, each as beautiful as the last. Jewels abounded. Men and angels were everywhere, yet Minnie didn’t feel the least crowded. The golden path led steadily upward, mansions on either side. “Who lives here?” Minnie asked.
“God himself chooses.” Jesus answered.
Minnie could hear, “Holy, Holy, Holy.” in the most heavenly chords. Layers and layers of “Holy, Holy, Holy.” As they climbed, the music grew in intensity and in beauty. Minnie who had been rather tone deaf while on earth, couldn’t contain her joy and appreciation. She looked at Jesus who shone in his excellence. Tears streamed down her face. “Jesus I love you, I love you, I love you.”
“Wipe your tears, dear one...we are almost at the throne.”
God’s throne sat on a sea of crystal, encircled by a rainbow. Minnie hardly noticed the sea or the rainbow or the thrones surrounding the throne. She couldn’t stand before the Father. He was a most heavenly Father. He shone forth love and mercy. His throne sat on justice and righteousness. She had no words to describe His everlasting beauty. Minnie fell on her face. “Oh Father...”
He scooped her up into His lap. “Minnie my child, you have come to me. What can I do for you?”
This surprised Minnie greatly. “You have done everything for me,” she said.
“I would like you to do something for me. I want you to think about it carefully before you answer.” I don’t require or request your answer today. Could you do something for me, Minnie?”
“What is it Lord? I will do anything for you.”

No comments: